Sugarcane refers to any of six to 37 species (depending on which taxonomic system is used) of tall perennial grasses of the genus Saccharum (family Poaceae, tribe Andropogoneae). Native to the warm temperate to tropical regions of South Asia, they have stout, jointed, fibrous stalks that are rich in sugar, and measure two to six metres (six to 19 feet) tall.
1. Policosanol is a cholesterol-lowering natural mixture of primary alcohols, isolated and purified from sugar cane wax. Policosanol is safe and well tolerated, even in populations with high use of concomitant medications.
2. Policosanol has performed equal to or better than simvastatin, pravastatin, lovastatin, probucol, or acipimox with fewer side effects in patients with type II hypercholesterolemia.
3. Policosanol is used for conditions that affect the health of the heart and blood vessels including high cholesterol
4. Policosanol seems to decrease cholesterol production in the liver and to increase the break down of LDL (low-density lipoprotein or "bad") cholesterol.
1. Applied in food field , sugar cane wax extract octacosanol powder used as additives;
2. Applied in agriculture field , sugar cane wax extract octacosanol powder can promote growth.
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, sugar cane wax extract octacosanol powder can be used as raw materials.